Avoid Overdraft Fees
- Immediately subtract any cash withdraws, checks, debit card or other electronic deduction from your balance.
- Set up automatic overdraft protection from another of your deposit accounts.
- Regularly balance your checking account.
- Use Online banking & Mobile Banking, balance alerts, and Telephone Banking to monitor your account activity.
- Remember, holds placed by merchants may exceed the debit card purchase amount until processed
- Build an emergency fund.
Avoid ATM Surcharge Fees
- Use your CrossRoads Credit Union Debit Card at any CrossRoads Credit Union ATM or at surcharge-free Alliance One ATMs nationwide.
- Consider requesting cash back when you make a debit card purchase to avoid both the surcharge and $1 CrossRoads activity fee when using an ATM when you travel. However, some merchants might charge a fee for receiving cash back.
Avoid Late Fees
- Make loan payments through direct deposit payroll allocation or automatic transfer, or use our portal pay online when paying with an account from another financial institution.
- Use CrossRoads online banking & Mobile Banking to transfer payments at any time.
- Make payments in person by the due date. If you are having difficulties, contact your loan officer immediately.
- If you mail in your payment, allow ample time for payments to reach us.
Avoid Bad Address, Dormant and Inactive Account Fees
- To avoid a monthly bad address fee, keep your address updated with CrossRoads Credit Union. Make sure to keep your phone number current as well.
- If the Primary Account owner is 18 or older, the account is subject to a monthly Dormant Account Fee when the account remains inactive for 12 months or more. To avoid this fee, simply use your account and make deposits or withdrawals.
- To avoid a monthly inactive bill pay fee, simply use your bill pay account to pay a bill every month to maintain an active account.